After installing some software I realised I made the partition kinda small. I reinstalled the system. Now the metapackage works fine. Perhaps it was due the too small disk size. I’ve experienced weird problems with Linux systems on low disk space as well…

So… let’s try this shit again

So X with xfce4 running fine. Even though I had to do the same manual configuration for the X to enable the 1024 resolution, but that’s due the monitor not supporting DDC. However, the xfce4 tool to change the resolution works fine on NetBSD.

On OpenBSD there was a Chromium build in the repository. Since it’s missing on NetBSD, I am using midori instead. It’s also a WebKit based browser so it shouldn’t make that much of a difference anyways.

« »