So after the hard disk failure, well, I’ve spend some time getting my system up and running again. This wasn’t too much work as I have a working system on a USB stick, however, this stick isn’t fully configured. One of the problem I ran into was my PulseAudio server. I use a raspberry pi connected to my audio system. So I use a remote PulseAudio server, and I ran into the problem, that when I play a video, the video stopped as soon as I selected the remote audio. The sound played fine though. It turned out to the caused by the fact my installation was missing an NTP daemon. Playing audio on a remote system requires the clock to be synchronised to calculate the audio lag.

So, I’ve fixed the bugs again I was working on before the hard disk crashed, and recreated the ws2812 demo. So the libraries and demos on my github should work now.

«